Miracle Conception after Cancer & Chemotherapy

Roz from Australia writes…

The point of the journey isn’t only the destination it’s what you learn along the way.

After deciding to move interstate to QLD I found out I was pregnant with my second child. While I was in my last week at work during a routine 20-wk pg check up, Dr Stephen Raymond, announced I had an abnormal pregnancy.  There was no baby even though I looked and felt very pregnant. I had a “hydatiform mole” (molar pregnancy). What happens after conception is that the baby eventually dies and a sack grows in the womb, which looks just like a bunch of grapes. The pregnancy had to be terminated immediately. I had to go to hospital that night for a curette.  I was numb. That was just the beginning….

After the procedure, the doctors told me that the pregnancy was cancerous and had to start chemotherapy immediately. I felt very alone and the only source of strength I could find was to pray. I wasn’t particularly spiritual, I believed in God, but was very ignorant of anything after that.

We decided to continue on with our move as planned.  So we drove to Queensland and I had to go straight to the hospital and start chemotherapy the very day we arrived. I met with a wonderful doctor called Dr Hitchens.  He told me that my condition was very rare in Australia. Only 1% of pregnancies in Australia experience this, and only a few of them are cancerous. I then had to go into the hospital every day at exactly the same time to receive treatment. But week after week, nothing was really happening because the drug didn’t seem to be doing its job.

We soon found a great local church which taught about Jesus being our healer. I was hungry to learn and I saturated myself in this information.  I also had the opportunity to go to a Christian Conference and I learnt that Jesus Christ is still alive today. I also learnt that I could just simply cry out to him and if I believed the bible and did not doubt that I could receive my healing right now – here today. I grabbed hold of that and confessed it and stood firm.  I wouldn’t accept the fact that God had given me a beautiful baby boy and husband only to be told I was going to die.  I knew that he wanted me to stand firm and believe for healing. And that is exactly what I did.

The days turned into weeks, the weeks turned into months but I just knew, that I knew, that I would receive healing. However, one weekend while we were out at lunch I had a haemorrhage and was rushed to hospital.  I ended up having three blood transfusions and more drugs.  But even through all of this I just knew I was going to be OK.  A supernatural peace was with me continually.

I then had to go to the hospital a couple of times a week to receive chemotherapy. This went on for several weeks – going to the hospital then to the pathology lab to check my blood hormone levels to see if the chemotherapy was working. Then in addition to this I had to visit the specialist to explain my progress. These weekly visits were very expensive and we weren’t covered for any of it. This was a very testing time for us in more ways than one!  During one of the visits to the specialist he announced that the tumour had started growing through to other organs in my body.  I was then admitted into hospital to have extensive chemotherapy.  The strongest type available!  I was told that the side effects were nausea, hair loss and fatigue.  After the treatment I was sent home with anti nausea medicine to rest for a few days with my family. The amazing thing was that we prayed that not only would I be totally healed but that I would not experience any sickness.  I never had to take any of the nausea pills.  While I felt tired and had a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and my mouth and eyes dried out from the medication, I never got sick.  Praise the Lord!

Then one Sunday at church during the praise and worship I had another massive haemorrhage and was rushed to hospital. The whole back seat of the car was completely soaked in blood, and the stain is still there to this day.  Once at the hospital in the emergency room, all I can remember was seeing buckets full of blood and clots, and then I passed out.  My husband and a close friend were also in the room with me.  On this occasion I died because the heart monitor flat lined.   At that point my husband was asked to leave the room.  But he along with a friend prayed and the Dr’s managed to get my pulse back.  I was then given more blood transfusions.  What happened next was amazing. When I was tested to see how the cancer levels were going the doctors were amazed because the tumour had gone! The tumour had extracted itself out of my body.  The Dr’s were stunned because they had never seen this before. It was unheard of.  Even though the tumour was gone I had to continue with the chemotherapy because my blood still had traces of cancer.  However, I continued treatment for only a short time as the levels quickly dropped to zero.

After all of this was over, the Dr’s asked us to go to The Royal Women’s Hospital in Brisbane where we were introduced to a panel of the top oncology doctors in the area.  They wanted to know why this happened, as they had never seen anything like this before. They were very perplexed because what had happened was medically impossible. My husband explained that we were Christians who believed in a healing Jesus. They were stunned and said ‘Well your God is bigger than our medicine’.  After scratching their heads and asking several questions they let us go home.

My testimony doesn’t end there!  Even though I was completely healed and well I still had to go back to Dr Hickens for my final report. He told me on that day, “well you may be healed, and you are a very lucky girl, however you will never have children”.  This was because I had been treated with the strongest type of chemotherapy available.  And this meant that my reproduction organs would never work again.  Regardless, we knew that our God was bigger than that!   So needless to say we didn’t believe what the doctor said. We just smiled and shook that comment off.  And to the doctors total amazement I was found to be pregnant a few months later.   I then went on to have a beautiful healthy baby boy called Matt which means (a gift from God), and then fifteen months later we had our final baby ‘Charlie’ also a beautiful healthy baby boy.  He has been a great blessing to our family and both boys to this day are very close.

Jesus said “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (see John 14:12-14).  The authority of Jesus has been passed down to us so we can pray for the Holy Spirit to help us for whatever need we have. If you believe and do not doubt in your heart then you will receive your promise if it lines up with the word of God. That is a promise in the bible, (see Mark 11:22-25).  God is not a respecter of persons (see Acts 10:34) so that means that anyone of His children can trust His word for their own personal circumstances and see it come to pass!